The Coalition for the Protection of Greyhounds (CPG) is a dedicated group of people in geographically diverse locations coming together to educate and inform the public about the cruelties of Greyhound Racing.
After a 2015 Four Corner expose on live baiting within the greyhound racing industry, CPG was established. Their charter is to expose the often unknown truths behind the industry and to lobby governments to ultimately close down the industry.
Some of the startling truths include:
- Australia is one of only 8 nations worldwide where greyhound racing is legal
- Currently an average of 5 greyhounds die on the track every week
- More than 400 die each year from racetrack injuries (many minor injuries but trainers would rather discard them than treat their injuries – especially if they’re considered ‘poor racers’)
- 40% of greyhounds are considered wastage and thousands are killed every year
- Their average lifespan is only 1.5 years, compared to the natural lifespan of 10-12 years for non-racing greyhounds
Their website is for greyhound lovers, rescuers, fosters and protectors. Visit, read and share the information on their site so we can all continue to be the voice for those who have no voice.